CPR/AED & First Aid Event
Want to learn some life saving skills?
PGFPD is hosting a CPR/AED and First Aid event On Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 in the Training Room at Station 1. 202 Main Street, Platteville, 80651.
CPR/AED starts at 0900 and ends at 1200. We will break for lunch then come back at 1pm to 3:30 pm for first aid.
Community members can sign up for either CPR/AED, First aid, or both!
- Cost is $20 for CPR/AED and First Aid
- Cost for just CPR/AED $10
- Cost for just First Aid $10
All participants get an American Heart Association Certification Card.
The Heartsaver CPR AED course trains participants to give CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner in order to help save a person's life.
- Heart Attack and Stroke Recognition
- Choking management for infants, children, and adults
- Hands on CPR and AED training for infants, children, and adults
The Heartsaver First Aid course trains participants first aid basics for the most common first aid emergencies, including how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills.
- Splinting and bandaging
- Bleeding control
- How to recognize and treat medical conditions: asthma, seizures, allergic reactions, head and neck injuries, croop, bites and stings, heat related illness, frostbite and hypothermia.
To enroll, fill out the form below. Participants must sign up individually.